Talk about political star power! Sen. Kamala Harris has been crushing it on the political scene ever since she was sworn in as Attorney General of California in 2010, and then sworn in as Senator of the Golden State in 2017 and again just a few days ago when it was announced that she is Joe Biden’s V.P. pick.
Wherever you stand on the issues, there’s no denying that Sen. Harris knows how to level up and glow, girl. Here are some things to know about Biden’s running mate:
- Her name is pronounced Camma-la, according to her memoir, The Truths We Hold: An American Journey.
- She was born in Oakland, CA.
- Her mom was an Indian scientist and her dad is a Jamaican economist.
- She has a sister named Maya, also a lawyer.
- She went to Howard University for undergrad and the University of California Hastings College of the Law.
- She got married 6 years ago. He’s a lawyer, too.
- She’s a member of the Links.
- She’s a Baptist, according to CNN.
You can learn more about Sen. Harris this Monday at Envisioning a New America, a live streaming event hosted by Black Women for Biden-Harris in conjunction with the DNC.
Featured speakers will include Congresswoman Lisa Blunt Rochester (D-DE), who served on Joe Biden’s vice presidential selection committee and Congresswoman Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX), the first registered nurse ever to be elected to congress.
Promotional consideration provided by Black Women for Biden-Harris.