Talk about political star power! Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris has been crushing it on the political scene ever since she was sworn in as Attorney General of California in 2010, and then sworn in as Senator of the Golden State in 2017 and again just a few hours ago when it was announced that she will be the first women, first person of African descent and first person of South Asian descent to serve as Vice President of the United States.
Wherever you stand on the issues, there’s no denying that Veep Harris knows how to level up and glow, girl. Here are some things to know about Biden’s running mate:
- Her name is pronounced Camma-la, according to her memoir, The Truths We Hold: An American Journey.
- She was born in Oakland, CA.
- Her mom was an Indian scientist and her dad is a Jamaican economist.
- She has a sister named Maya, also a lawyer.
- She went to Howard University for undergrad and the University of California Hastings College of the Law.
- She got married 6 years ago. He’s a lawyer, too.
- She’s a member of the Links.
- She’s a Baptist, according to CNN.
Promotional consideration provided by Black Women for Biden-Harris.