In case you forgot, Brandy, 42, let you know who she is in her surprise BET Awards 2022 performance of First Class with Jack Harlow.
“Don’t call me Brandy, call me Your Highness,” belted out the iconic I Wanna Be Down singer in a hip-hop performance that brought the live audience to their feet.
Here’s why Brandy truly does deserve the title of hip-hop royalty… (scroll below for list)
- She’s been in the game for a minute. Brandy Norwood released her first single at age 11, according to IMDB.
- She’s Cinderella for the culture! Brandy gave little brown girls all over the world an idea of what it would be like to become a princess when she starred alongside Whitney Houston in Rogers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella in 1997 for the Disney remake.
- She rolls hard for her family, who also happens to be super talented. Everybody knows that she is Sonja and Willie’s daughter, sister to Ray J and mother to Sy’rai. But, did you know that Uncle Snoop is her cousin? Yes, that be Cousin Snoop Dogg to her!
- She’s a triple threat: actress (Moesha, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer), singer (Sittin Up In My Room, The Boy Is Mine) and dancer!
- She is inspirational! On the topic of not giving up, Brandy has said, “It’s easy to just give everything up, but it takes a lot of strength and a lot of willpower to just make yourself stay on it and get up and do something different. And I had to do that.”
These are just a few of the reasons why Brandy is First Class. Comment on our Instagram @glowstreamtv on why you think so, too!